The project had several objectives :
- to analyze mathematically coupled PDE systems involving one or more disciplines in the perspective of geometrical optimization or control;
- to construct, analyze and experiment numerical algorithms for the efficient solution of PDEs (coupling algorithms, model reduction), or multi-criterion optimization of discretized PDEs (gradient-based methods, evolutionary algorithms, hybrid methods, artificial neural networks, game strategies);
- to develop parallel and distributed software integration platforms on computing grids and PC-clusters.
A grid computing testbed used by OPALE at INRIA.
Major applications included :
- the multi-disciplinary optimization of aerodynamic configurations (wings in particular) in partnership with ONERA;
- the geometrical optimization of antennas;
development of Distributed High-Performance Computing Environments.